Hugh Jackman is an Australian actor. As a child, Hugh liked the outdoors and wanted to see the world. He started his early education from Pymble Public School and following that attended the Knox Grammar School. In 1991, Jackman graduated from the University of Technology, Sydney with a B.A in Communications. Afterwards, Hugh completed the one-year course “The Journey” at the Actors’ Centre in Sydney and then attended the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts. Jackman began his professional career from the 10-part drama series on ABC named Correlli. In 1996, he performed the role of Gaston in the local Walt Disney production of Beauty and the Beast. His other early work in films and television included Paperback Hero, Law of the Land and Blue Heelers. Jackman earned fame outside Australia by starring in the lead role of Curly in the Royal National Theatre’s successful stage production of Oklahomal in 1998. Upcoming years brought breakthrough in his career after taking the role of Wolverine in the film X-Men. The movie became a big hit and provided him huge international fame and success. Later on, Jackman reprised his role as Wolverine in all upcoming X-Men film series included X2, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X-Men Days of Future Past and Logan. He played that role from 2000 to 2018 which earned him the Guinness World Record of “longest career as a live-action Marvel Superhero.
His other major work included Prestige, The Greatest Showman and Les Misérables. Hugh Jackmen received several awards and nominations throughout his career, such as Grammy Award, Golden Globe Award, Tony Award, and an Emmy Award. Along with a successful professional career, Jackman is also enjoying a happy family life with his wife Deborra-Lee Furness. They met on the set of a TV show and got married in 1996. Deborra suffered two miscarriages following which the couple adopted two children named Oscar and Ava.
Hugh Jackman Basic Info:
- Full Birth Name: Hugh Michael Jackman
- Nicknames: Hugh Jackman
- Date of Birth: October 12, 1968
- Place of Birth: Sydney, Australia
- Nationality: Australia
- Profession: Actor
- Sun Sign: Libra
- Race/ Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Christianity
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
Hugh Jackman Height Weight Body Measurements Facts
Hugh Jackman Family Details:
- Father Name: Christopher John Jackman (Accountant)
- Mother Name: Grace McNeil
- Siblings Name: Sonya Jackman and Zoe Jackman (Sisters), Ralph Jackman and Ian Jackman (Brothers)
- Spouse Name: Deborra-Lee Furness (m. 1996)
- Children Name: Oscar Maximilian Jackman (Son), Ava Eliot Jackman (Daughter)
Hugh Jackman Dating History:
- Deborra-Lee Furness – Actress
Hugh Jackman Career Highlights:
- Debut Film: Erskineville Kings (1999)
- First TV Show: Law of the Land (1994)
- Best Known For: His role as Wolverine in the X-Men film series.
Hugh Jackman Favorite Things:
- Hobbies: Skiing, Playing sports and musical instruments
- Sports: Rugby, Professional Wrestling, Skiing
- Food: Sushi
Hugh Jackman Distinctive Features:
- Muscular Physique
- Deep Resonant Voice
Hugh Jackman Body Measurements Stats:
The following are the complete actor Hugh Jackman’s height, weight, shoe size, and other body measurement details.
- Build: Athletic
- Height in Feet: 6′ 2″
- Height in Centimeters: 188 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 85 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 187 pounds
- Chest Size: 44 inches
- Waist Size: 33 inches
- Arms/ Biceps Size: 16 inches
- Feet/ Shoe Size: 11 (US)
Hugh Jackman Interesting Unknown Facts:
- He is left-handed.
- He originally wanted to be a Journalist.
- Hugh and his wife Furness have two adopted children.
- Jackman established a foundation to help farmers.
- He met his wife Deborra-Lee Furness on the set of his first major job.
- The actor has been practicing Transcendental Meditation for several years now.