Halle Maria Berry is an American actress and former model born on 14th August 1966. In the 1980s, Berry participated in numerous beauty contests and won most of them including Miss Teen All America and Miss Ohio USA. Afterwards Halle pursued her career in modeling. In 1991, she made her debut in the film Jungle Fever with a minor role. Maria Berry captured the attention of public from the film Boomerang and Flintstones. She as well performed some serious roles in the films Losing Isaiah and Race the Sun. In 2001, Halle received commercial success from the film Monster’s Ball and also won an Academy Award for Best Actress against her performance in the film. Through this achievement, she became the first and only woman of color to receive an Oscar for a leading role. In coming years, Berry worked in several successful films which made her the one of the utmost paid actresses in Hollywood during 2000s. The films in which her performance earned critical acclaim were X-Men, Swordfish, x-Men: the Last Stand, Cloud Atlas and X-Men: Days of Future Past. Along with her performance in films, she also appeared in different critically acclaimed television shows including Alex Haley’s Queen, The wedding and Extant. She was bestowed with numerous awards and nominations throughout her acting career such as Golden Globe Award, Academy Award, Screen Actors Guild Award and People’s Choice Awards. In 2007, Berry also honored a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
In addition to that, Halle formed a production company “606 Films” with partner Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas in 2014, and now she is engaged in the production of several films along with acting. Moreover, Berry is as well a spokes model of Revlon. Philanthropically, Halle always supported charity causes and participated in the different campaigns related to women’s issue, health and education. As far as her personal life is concerned, Halle Maria Berry married thrice, firstly with baseball player David Justice in 1993 but they separated in 1996. Later on, she married to singer Eric Benet in 2001 and their divorced finalized in 2005. After that, Berry began dating model Gabriel Aubry and she gave a birth to their daughter Nahla in 2008. The couple separated in 2010. In the same year, Halle met actor Olivier Martinez and they married in 2013 from whom she has a son named Maceo.
Halle Berry Family Tree Parents, Husband and Kids Names Pictures Bio
Halle Berry Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Halle Maria Berry
- Nicknames: Halle
- Occupation: Actress
- Date of Birth: August 14, 1966
- Birthplace: Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
Halle Berry Family Details:
- Father Name: Jerome Jesse Berry (Bus Driver)
- Mother Name: Judith Ann Hawkins (Psychiatric Nurse)
- Siblings Name: Renee Berry, Heidi Berry
- Spouse Name: David Justice (m. 1992–1997), Eric Benét (m. 2001–2005), Olivier Martinez (m. 2013)
- Children Name: Maceo Robert Martinez, Nahla Ariela Aubry
Halle Berry Mother:
Halle Berry Ex-Husband Eric Benét:
Halle Berry Former Partner Gabriel Aubry:
Halle Berry Husband Olivier Martinez:
Halle Berry Daughter:
Halle Berry Son:
Halle Berry Interesting Facts:
- During school, Halle Berry was a head cheerleader.
- She is a big fan of Whoopi Goldberg, Dorothy Dandridge and Jodie Foster.
- Halle Berry became a “Bond Girl” with her appearance in James Bond series film, Die Another Day.
- She became the first ever African-American actress to receive an Oscar award for Best Actress. Halle won the award for her performance in 2001 film Monster’s Ball.