Dwayne Douglas Johnson, better known by his ring name The Rock is an American actor, producer and professional wrestler born on May 2, 1972. He belongs to a family of professional wrestlers that’s why Johnson also chooses wrestling as a profession. Dwayne received training from his father Rocky Johnson and Tom Prichard before entering in this profession. In 1996, he made his WWF debut with the name of Rocky Maivia and became successful in gaining recognition within one year. Later on, Dwayne changed his ring name and became famous as “The Rock”. He served WWE from 1996 to 2004 and became the major figure of this era. Johnson won numerous titles in his wrestling career including WWE World Championship twice, eight times WWE Championship and ten times World Champion. Furthermore, The Rock is also the sixth Triple Crown Champion in WWE history and as well the winner of 2000 Royal Rumble. In 2011, he again returned to part time wrestling for WWE with same passion of success and victory. In 2000, Dwayne co-wrote an autobiography with Joe Layden, named The Rock Says which received praise and peaked at number one on The New York Times Best Seller List for several weeks. In addition to wrestling, Dwayne also appeared in several television and films as an actor. His first film with lead role was The Scorpion King released in 2002 for which Johnson received critical acclaim. Later on, he worked in films such as The Game Plan, The Other Guys, Fast Five, Fast & Furious 6 and Hercules.
Several awards were also given to him being an actor including Teen Choice Awards and Kid’s Choice Award. Moreover, The Rock also hosted and produced the reality competition series called The Hero. Additionally, he made a Guinness World record for taking 105 selfies in three minutes with fans on May 21, 2015. Philanthropically, he established the Dwayne Johnson Rock Foundation in 2006 with a purpose to work for fatally ill children. As far as his personal life is concerned, Dwayne Johnson married to Dany Garcia in 1997 but the couple received separation in 2007. They have one daughter together named Simone Alexandra born in 2001.
Dwayne Johnson Parents, Sister, Wife, Daughter Names Pictures
Dwayne Johnson Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Dwayne Douglas Johnson
- Nicknames: The Rock, The People’s Champion, The Great One
- Occupation: Actor, Wrestler
- Date of Birth: May 2, 1972
- Birthplace: Hayward, California
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Dwayne Johnson Family Details:
Below we have discussed complete Dwayne Johnson family tree details such as his parents, brother, sister, wife, daughter and girlfriend names along with pictures.
- Father Name: Rocky Johnson (Wrestler)
- Mother Name: Ata Johnson
- Siblings Names: Wanda Bowles (Sister), Curtis Bowles (Brother)
- Spouse Name: Dany Garcia (m. 1997–2008)
- Children Name: Simone Alexandra Johnson (Daughter)
Dwayne Johnson Father Rocky:
Dwayne Johnson Interesting Facts:
- Dwayne became the first ever third-generation wrestler in the history of WWE.
- His in-ring signature moves include People’s Elbow, Rock Bottom and Spinebuster.
- The actor actually wanted to be a footballer but failed to gain any major success in it so switched career to wrestling.